GracePointe Youth Group
Do not let anyone treat you as if you are unimportant because you are young. Instead, be an example to the believers with your words, your actions, your love, your faith, and your pure life. (1 Timothy 4:12)
GracePointe Youth Group (GPYG) is the place to be at GracePointe for students in grades 6-12! We have a variety of opportunities to get involved, meet new people, and explore your faith through music, games, small group discussion, Bible study, special events, missions and outreach.
Interactions with Youth
All interactions with youth are to be positive, respectful, and supportive of their unfolding development. When speaking to youth or other adults, our guiding principle is to shorten the distance and lower your voice. We desire to be image bearers of Jesus and model His loving approach by teaching through setting a Christ-like example for our impressionable younger members, as depicted in Proverbs 22:6, “But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Code of Ethics
GracePointe Church values its role as a member of the families we serve. If serving in GPYG, volunteers should only discuss youth or families of the church with the GPYG Director as is necessary to serve the needs of the youth and/or family.
Application, Criminal History, and Proof of Driver License
For those serving in Children’s Ministry, the church requires an application along with a comprehensive criminal history search. A photocopy of the volunteer’s valid state driver’s license, proof of insurance and a driving-record check must also be on file for all volunteers called upon to drive as church agents.
Those willing to serve in many of the available positions in the GPYG ministry must be willing to make a commitment for at least one semester. The semesters are defined as follows:
- Fall Semester – September 1 through December 31
- Spring Semester – January 1 through May 31
- Summer Semester – June 1 through August 31
GPYG Service Opportunities
- Commitment: one year
- Frequency: Monday nights, minimum of twice a month
- Key Functions: be an active part of the GracePointe youth ministry and the lives of students by participating in small group discussions, building relationships with students and staff, and attending special events throughout the year
- Application, background check and interview required
- Commitment: one year
- Frequency: as needed
- Key Functions: help develop, plan and implement the various aspects of youth ministry activities, including special events, fundraising and community service projects